Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Little Things

I went for a walk the other night while Andy was at soccer training, just to get out of the house and get some fresh air (it was too hot in our house!) I headed down our street and stopped to say hi to my favourite pups! I think their names are Nala and Indy! They are gorgeous mix pups and they are just so excited everytime I go up to pat them! Their owner is quite a nice lady as well. Every time they are out playing, she chats with me. The love from the dogs reminds me of my baby Dundee! Ok...so April will be pretty good with that in mind!
I continue out onto the main road and come to the corner shop that sells everything from the newspaper to milk, deodorant, flowers, fruit, wrapping paper, and I bought our Christmas Tree there! It's a small family business, and it thrives in our community. I've never been able to walk to the corner shop, and I'm really glad I've had the chance while here!
Continuing on, I see my kitty friend (whom I've dubbed FLEA-even though I'm sure he doesn't have any...he just looks a bit dirty!) who is there everyday when I walk by. He's so dumb, he lays right in the middle of the driveway just inviting someone to hit him with the car! But he always seems to be there the next time, so I guess he moves when necessary. His colouring reminds me of Mittens--so very cute!
I continued my walk and arrived at my favourite place...Rofe Dog Park! It's the most amazing place...I know Dundee and friends would LOVE it! There are many dogs and owners that come to play and enjoy the sun! I asked Andy if it would be weird to go in there if I didn't have a dog with me. He said yes. BOO! Iit makes my day everyday when I pass the park!
I continue to walk around the track at the park. I look out over the bush valley and am reminded of why I love Australia! The wildlife continues to amaze me! I hear the ear piercing yet majestic cry of the cockatoo over head; I smell the fresh eucalyptus in the air; and the sky is bluer than anything I've ever seen!

I'm so glad I've had the past 6 months here (with 2 more to go!) and I've really enjoyed being able to live in a place of our own, and to experience Hornsby Heights as a local. I would love to someday buy a house here (if we can EVER afford it!)

Thanks for reading :-P

(PS. We went to our friends Rachel and Dusty's wedding this past weekend! So much fun! And gorgeous! More about this next time).

No comments: